Movies free online

In Plain Sight


I didn't catch onto this series until the first season was already over, but have been enjoying reruns on the USA network and Sleuth. And I have been anticipating the release of this series on DVD ever since. The characters are well developed, full of the flaws which accompany us all on life's path, and for the most part are very likable. That said, the over-the-top dysfunctional antics of Mom and Sis DO get old, and I find Jinx's character to be a waste of the talents of Leslie Ann Warren. She is absolutely the queen of quirky, but of all the characters, her storylines are the least entertaining, and in fact, bring down the entire show a notch. If I get tired of this series, this will be the reason for it. Mary certainly has dysfunctions of her own, but she at least, appears to be able to learn along the way. I'd like to see the dysfunction toned down. If these characters can all grow a bit, then I believe this series could have a long and successful run.

The interaction between Mary McCormack and Fred Weller's characters is especially delightful; it's the jewel of this series, and without it, I'm not sure how successful this show would be. What with his encyclopaedic knowledge of all things arcane and quirky, and his perfectly dry, straight-man delivery, he and Mary have a delightful kind of chemistry you don't see too often. In fact, I feel he really should have equal billing to Mary McCormack.

The Witness Protection aspect of the story makes for somewhat unusual storylines, which are MORE than welcome, and the show is well written. All in all, it adds up to a lot of fun. And as an extra bonus for me, it's filmed in Northern New Mexico, my favorite place in the world. What more could I ask for?

Blog Archive